Friday, February 18, 2011

Letter 2/18/2011

Yay!!
 
I changed my mind.  I decided that from you, I like to get an email each week.  Dearelder if you want, but I do want that weekly email.  I missed it last week :(
 
Sister in French is spelled "Soeur"  and pronounced almost like "Sir" in English.  The other day we were talking about it, and saying why couldn't it have been a loftier title, such as "Lord" or something?  Laugh it was funny.
 
I probably won't use the blog until I get to Switzerland.  and only if I have time.  It's really busy!!
 
So I am accompanying an Elder in my District!  He is singing the song "He Healed Me".  I have practiced it, and it is surprising how little I have practiced but can still play it.  I keep on praying for more help, and I have been receiving that help.  Because it was much harder when I was learning that other song last semester, and I was freaking out.  But now, I'm not.  It's exciting!
 
Another thing:  I get to be an investigator! Two Elders in my district are teaching me.  Everyone in my district gets to be an investigator.  They choose someone, such as a close nonmember friend, or an Uncle, Grandma, etc.  and they try to get into character and feel what it's like to be new to the church.  It is a good experience :)
 
I met an Elder from France the other day!  I heard that he was from France, so I went over and tried to talk to him.  He talked way fast, though, and it was hard to understand!  It's hard to believe that I will soon understand and be able to speak it.
 
There is also an Elder from Switzerland, french speaking.  I see him around every once in a while.  I want to talk to him more, to practice talking. But I always get nervous and feel self conscious.  Did you know that French french is faster than Swiss French? So it may be a little easier to understand those in Switzerland, at least at first.  Of course, there IS still the accent...
 
I gave a talk in church last Sunday! In french! They give us a topic to prepare for each week, and then on Sunday they choose 2 or 3 of us to give our talks.  When we first got here, they always chose people from the more advanced districts.  But they have all left the MTC by now.  So I knew that my turn was soon.  I was so nervous!  But it worked :)  Now I think they might not choose me anymore, because I've already given a talk!  But I should probably still prepare each week, because maybe they'll choose me twice O.o
 
anyways.  I've gott go.  Love you!!
 
Soeur Bartlome

1 comment:

  1. It's good practice to prepare a talk each week anyway. I'd keep them because you never know when you will be called on to give a talk or pray on your mission.

    Glad your talk went well.

    <3

    ReplyDelete