Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

Hi Mommy!!
 
This will be short.  As long as I can make it, though.  I have legality stuff to go to in Dijon, France, and we are leaving at 4:30 this afternoon and won't be back until 5 tomorrow afternoon.  And train ride for 9 ish hours!! 3ish hours one way, 6ish the other way.  Grrrr... :(
 
One thing I have really learned here is not to judge who will be interested in the gospel, and who won't, based on how they are, the things they do, and other things.  We got 2 references from some Elders, and they told us that 1 would most likely be interested, and the other, maybe not.  In reality, it was quite the opposite!  They didn't think Claire would be interested, but she really liked the Plan of Salvation, and she said that she was even going to share it with her prayer group.  That should be interesting.  But we have another rendezvous with her tomorrow evening, and we will be teaching her about the Restoration.  I pray that she will be open to that, too. 
 
I am understanding more and more of the language.  Sometimes if I don't understand a whole bunch, I find myself zoning out and not even trying to pay attention.  Then when I catch myself, it's always hard to get back into the conversation.  It gets frustrating at times.  But I can do it, with the Lord's help.
 
There is a girl here, Zayda.  I think I have mentioned her before.  She speaks spanish and english, and is learning french.  She came to Suisse with a friend, and is trying to make a living here.  Not knowing anything, just coming for the experience.  I decided I want to do that sometime.  Only it wouldn't work in a french environment anymore, because after my mission, I will be able to get by.  So... maybe I will try it in Italy.  That'd be fun :)  Difficult, yes.  But, an experience.
 
Zayda is a good example to me, though.  She is really embracing the gospel and it's teachings.  She already loves people, and she loves helping others, too.  And now when times get difficult for her, she can turn to the Lord. 
 
2 days ago was my one-month mark being in Suisse!! My comp and I celebrated by going out for ice cream.  I have 3 months on my mission in general, and she has 3 months left for her mission.  It's hard to believe that I'll be where she is someday...
 
Well, gotta go.  Love you!!
 
Soeur Bartlomé
 
P.S. Pâcques (Pronounced 'Pack'), or Easter, is on a FRIDAY here.  Weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment